How to keep mind sharp? Having a sharp mind has a lot to do. Sharp memory means the capability to remember so many things together when it comes to learning. Having a perfect memory help us to recollect works easily and makes our life much easier. Those who have poor memory find it difficult to remember day to day happenings, contacts, places, information and as a result face a lot of difficulty.
5 Things to Keep Mind Sharp:
- Eating the right nutrients: It has been seen that eating antioxidants, vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids in requisite amounts can boost up memory. Animal meat, fish oil, coconut oil. Walnuts also help in improving memory.
- Exercise and meditation: Exercising helps in the flow of more oxygen to the brain and nerve cells. Meditation relaxes our brain and muscles and help the brain to function better.
- Stop multitasking: Doing so many things together can confuse our memory. The brain takes at-least 8 seconds to understand a piece of information and convert it into memory. when we are interacting over the phone, cutting fruits and watching T.V, all at a time we might not remember what we saw in the T.V.
- Sleep: Getting a good sleep is very important because the nerves, brain cells and muscles relax when we sleep and improves our memory.
- Playing Games: we already know that playing certain games which need intelligence can make our brain work faster and improve our thinking ability.
Let us talk about some games which help us keep mind sharp:
A. Chess: It is one of the best and oldest games. which is known to sharpen our mind. We have to be logical to play Chess for that we need knowledge and intelligence to play this game.
B. Rubik’s Cube: It is really very difficult job to match one color at one side. You need good concentration and patience to play this game.
C. Sudoku: It’s a mathematical game and requires a powerful intelligence. Playing these games can really improve our thinking ability
D. Crosswords puzzles: Playing crossword puzzles not only improves our vocabulary but also help us to learn new words.
E. Rummy: Playing this particular game not only needs good luck but also good intelligence as we need to predict what cards our opponents may own.
Except the above mentioned games, there are so many other brain teasers which can improve our memory and keep mind sharp.